Hello and welcome to my blog, I am Rebecca a mother of two wonderful boys, this blog is my space to share activities and ideas of fun things we get up to.

Friday 25 March 2011

Lion head t-shirt.

Here is a t-shirt I made for Aidan for a competition being held over at I am Momma here me Roar, http://iammommahearmeroar.blogspot.com/
Aidan has this comfort thing where is enjoys rubbing the inside of collars and hems, I thought it would be a fun idea to put ribbon hoops for a lions mane so he will be able to have a tactile fun
t-shirt to wear and rub the tags when he's tired.
I only used what I had in the house and didn't have any orange ribbon but I think theses colours worked out ok.

I hand sewed the face and pinned all the ribbon on before sewing around with the machine to keep ribbon in place before attaching it to a t-shirt.

My Happy little Man :)







9 comments:

  1. That is adorable! My little guy would love all those ribbons too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a neat idea!I might have to make one in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! The ribbons are such a great idea! I saw you at the linky party :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE - i pinned it on pinterest

    saw you from i am momma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good idea to use that ribbon for the mane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all the lovely comments, this was my first ever t-shirt design :) My mind is now running for other ideas with ribbon, maybe a dinosaur or a crocodile the options are endless.

    ReplyDelete